Here's Sheeran:

Maybe Israel has behaved badly. I do not know for sure one way or the other. Certainly Netanyahu is completely untrustworthy. But of course, here is Macklemore. He is an open and proud anti-semite. Is this degenerate any better than Netanyahu?

Sheeran's first instinct was correct. He should have stayed out of it; which was his long-standing general policy on politics. My question for Sheeran is: How could you let some clown like Macklemore draw you into this mess? For future reference, maybe include a no politics clause in the contracts for your opening acts. Stick to music Ed; you're quite good at it.
I have said it before and I will say it again. The people who claim that Israel is committing a genocide receive their information from Hamas. Regardless of how bad Israel may or may not be, we must recognize that Hamas is worse. And yes, I have come to accept, however late, that Israel may be very bad indeed.
Today in Gaza, I will go so far as to admit we have two discreditable actors. Another question worth asking: Are the bad actors limited to the respective governments, or are the people blameworthy as well? I mean there is no doubt that Palestinian civilians held Israeli hostages. Plus the whole idea of civilian hostages is relevant to this question. But again, I do not know the answer.
I will admit something else. The way Israel has behaved since 7 October 2023 has not helped its cause. They have lost a great deal of goodwill in the United States and Europe. They never had Macklemore's support, but they probably had Sheeran's quiet support. Now, not so much.
Whose fault is that?